Pride and Humility: Quilts to Show in April

I make what I gotta make, but outside affirmation from time to time bolsters my practice. A little cheerleading now and then lifts the spirits. Receiving the acceptance that my quilt Hand Gun was accepted to the exhibit Guns: Loaded Conversations both thrilled me and caused me much relief. Yeah, okay, I'm really excited. Having fallen in love with this particular making process and down the rabbit hole of inspiration, I'm glad to see that my enthusiasm can travel. In this case, I can share other voices as well. Blog post about Hand Gun here. Larger image here.



A fellow book artist, Cathy DeForest, also had a quilt accepted to the show. But of course she did! She has been working with communities and directing an amazing quilt project against gun violence since August 2015. More info at Vision Quilt. Reading about it is humbling.

Our quilts, along with 31 other artists' quilts, will be at the San José Museum of Quilts and Textiles, April 22 through July 15, 2018.

Comments